The perfect process cooling solution requires a high amount of expert planning and detailed installation. Using expert engineers, custom cooling and / or chilling solutions can be quickly delivered to meet a variety of different specifications. Such experts, such as https://northslopechillers.com/custom/, are able to provide a solution to meet all kinds of temperature issues, from the highly complex down to the really simple.
Some of the custom solutions available include:
- Complete temperature control solutions – An expert team of engineers are able to design a full system to solve any temperature control needs. This includes but is not limited to cooling jackets and industrial chillers.
- Custom chiller sizes – Whether it is a half a ton industrial chiller or a 50-ton system, a team of expert engineers is on hand to produce the best solution.
- Advanced controls – The latest in smart controls can be integrated into an industrial chiller, meaning the temperature can be controlled remotely and allows for data to be leveraged.
- Water filter – A water filter can be added on an inlet in order to keep the chiller clean, even in those cases where the fluid is not clean itself. This is CE and UL rated.
- Deionized chillers – Integrated circuit manufacturing and / or EDM systems can be made to be deionized water compatible.
- Anti backflow – Prevent fluid that is on top of the chiller from going back into the system when it is powered off by introducing an anti-backflow.
- Alternative fluids – Expert engineers are able to design a complete system that works with a range of fluids, from oil and heat transfer fluid to deionized water.
- Heater – Where a chiller is required to blow hot or cold, a heater can be added so that temperatures can either be decreased or increased as and when required.
- Custom temperature ranges – Solutions can be designed by an expert team of engineers that can work at temperatures ranging between -90 – 200 Fahrenheit.
What industries can these be used in?
Some of the industries that custom process cooling solutions have been designed for include:
- Dairy – This includes products such as milk, ice cream, cheese, and yoghurt. All of these require cooling in order to prevent undesirable textures and the growth of unwanted bacteria. Process cooling has been used in the production of these products to keep them and the equipment used to make them cool.
- Chemicals – Some examples include glass cleaner, white-out, rubbing alcohol, battery acid, and antifreeze. Their production and that of most other chemicals requires extreme care and constant temperature must be maintained at all times. Temperatures either side of the ideal can damage the chemicals and make them hazardous.
- Plastic – This material is everywhere, we are completely surrounded by it. From toys to office supplies, and furniture, they all contain a type of plastic. Custom cooling solutions have been designed for the extrusion and molding processes. Achieving and maintaining the ideal temperature is vital in producing high quality plastic.
- Fermented beverages – Any beer or wine drinker out there have a custom process cooling solution to thank for creating these tasty beverages. The fermentation process requires temperatures to carefully controlled at all times. For beer, the perfect temperature is between 68 – 72 Fahrenheit. Temperatures above and beyond this will slow or even stop the fermentation process altogether.
- Printed materials – Despite the digital age, there are still many printed materials being produced. These include items such as magazines, packaging, posters, books, newspapers, and brochures. As part of the printing process heat is created as a result of friction within the system. To avoid a slowing down of this process or damaging the products, custom cooling solutions are applied.
- Metal items – An essential process in the construction of most metal items is welding. Whether it is a building, a kitchen appliance, or a car, the chances are it has been welded. Because welding uses such extreme temperatures, an effective custom process cooling solution is vital. If welding equipment is not properly cooled it is more likely to become damaged and produce an inferior finish.
- Jewelry – Most pieces of jewelry are made via the use of electrical discharge machinery. They work by using electrical discharges to shape the materials that are being cut. It is a highly accurate process that is used on hard materials. The water used in the process heats up very quickly and so many manufacturers require a robust custom process cooling solution to maintain the optimal temperature.
- Lasers – These carry binary code through fiber optic cable to provide you with the Internet. Similar technology is also used in laser eye surgery and entertainment. Blu-Ray and DVD players use lasers to read information from disks. Using lasers creates extreme temperatures, which require custom process cooling solutions to be designed in order to stabilize equipment for optimal performance. Cooling also helps to prevent overheating and extend the lifespan of equipment, including the accuracy of the laser.
Air Liquide: A custom solution case study
Air Liquide is a global player in the technologies, services, and gases for the health and industry sector with operations in over 80 countries. When moving dichlorosilane gas from large cylinders to smaller containers for distribution it was becoming too cold, particularly during the winter months, and this meant that the containers were not draining fully. The gas needed to be kept at a temperature of 120 Fahrenheit at all times in order for it to flow properly. However, as it is a highly flammable and hazardous gas it could not be allowed to get too hot either.
A custom process solution was needed that tackled both of these issues. It required the work of a team of expert engineers who worked meticulously to design a solution that safely maintained a constant temperature. They eventually settled on a liquid temperature-controlled boiler system that heated a glycol/water mixture. This was stationed far enough from the flammable gas to be safe and worked to heat a Fluxwrap jacket.
As a result of the custom process solution, Air Liquide was able to almost double their daily output.