The results of studies often depend not only on the abilities and perseverance of a student but also on external factors. For example, this can be a student’s workplace. An inconvenient table located in the dark corner of the room can be a real obstacle to excellent grades. Now we will tell you how to organize a student’s workplace at home to make it comfortable and functional.
How to Equip a Student’s Workplace
Many first-year students think that only schoolchildren need a desk. And for students, it is enough to have a laptop to work with while sitting in an armchair or even lying on a bed. But this is not correct. The student will have to write a lot of work by hand and work with a lot of information.
And if a student feels uncomfortable about his working place, he may experience problems with studies. When I had such a situation, I almost failed a class. As a result, I had to go here to ask someone to do my assignments for me. Only this saved me. Therefore, it is impossible to do without a normal desk and a comfortable chair.
What Furniture to Choose
If you live in a dormitory, the situation in the room and the purchase of the necessary furniture should be agreed with the roommates. In this case, everyone in the room will feel comfortable.
The main requirements for the student desk are the optimal height and area of the workspace. Take into consideration the following aspects:
- The table should not be very low so as not to damage the posture.
- There should be not only a laptop or computer screen with a keyboard but also a notebook, writing instruments, and a table lamp.
- It is better to purchase a table where you can hide notebooks, textbooks, and other necessary things.
It will be perfect if you have a natural light source. To do this, place the table to the left side of the window. When choosing a chair, most students opt for an office chair. This is a good option. It will be comfortable for long work because of sufficient height and the presence of armrests.
Shelves can complement the work area in the student’s room. There you can put books that you need for your studies, fiction, or cute little things like the following:
- Frames with photos;
- Travel souvenirs, etc.
Another important tip is that it is worth keeping an eye on the temperature in the room. Scientists believe that a person works or studies best if his office is 22-24 degrees.
Keep All Your Things in Order
If there is a situation that only a month has passed since the start of the study, and there is a huge amount of books and notes on your desk, then you need to change something. It’s time to remove the excess items and leave only those that are really needed for study or practice. For this, you need to adhere to the following list of suggestions:
- It’s better to start cleaning with something that you don’t need anymore. This can be draft papers submitted, old notes, expired stickers, etc. You can get rid of this paper waste without regrets.
- The next cleaning object is trifles that distract attention from the study. Postcards can be moved to shelves, cup stands can be taken to the kitchen, lip balm put in a cosmetic bag, and the extra flash drives can be hidden in a desk drawer. After the workplace does not have what can be viewed or twisted in your hands, it will be easier to concentrate on your studies.
- If you really want to decorate your desktop with something, put a beautiful calendar or small clock. This will not distract from homework but will help to control time.
- To prevent the paper from scattering around the table, you can buy a special plastic container. And to quickly throw out an unnecessary document, it is worth placing a plastic paper bin under the table.
- It is better if pens, pencils, and rulers will not lie in a shapeless pile. Just buy a special stand for them or put them in an ordinary cup.
- If you want the workplace to be not only convenient but also beautiful, think about the design. You can start with the little things. For example, buy stationery of the same color, hang a motivational poster on the wall, etc.
- And if you want to keep the order on the table constantly, and not just after the general cleaning, then you need to always take everything from the table after you finish. Throw away unnecessary papers, put away stationery and equipment that you can do without, etc.
The tips described in this article are able to make your working place much more comfortable. And this will make your grades higher.