The chance is if you are a student at a high school, college, or university, you will experience stress. Having tons of assignments. Numerous essays, papers, research, reviews to be written. The professor tasked you with an assignment to write a 5,000-word original essay from scratch, and the deadline is looming every day. No matter whether you are from the USA or the UK, all these conditions create stressful environments.
However, as it turns out, there are several important rules you need to follow in dealing with stress. Here, we would like to share an ultimate guide for battling anxiety in school.
The research presented by prominent experts shows that at least 30 percent of students feel stress at some point in their academic life. The critical aspect of dealing with stress is to understand its causes.
First, there is unstructured time. When having numerous assignments at once, students often feel overwhelmed and cannot properly organize their time. Second, there is the stress of transition. Whether you change schools or transition from college to university, there is a degree of stress involved. Third, being exposed to an academic environment almost always leads to social pressure, which can be stressful for many. Fourth, tons of homework, namely essays, papers, reviews, research, and other academic works, create pressure. Finally, there are extra-curricular activities that leave even less time for anything but academic life. The majority of students encounter these elements, which often results in stress.
The anti-stress guide
- Having enough sleep is a must. When studying at a college or university, you need to produce numerous papers within tight deadlines as a writer. Often, students and writers neglect their sleep and function in a sleep-deprived state. It makes you less productive and immensely thwarts your ability to learn. Have a proper sleep schedule. Aim to have at least eight hours of sleep at night. Take power naps when you feel exhausted.
- Your body needs adequate fuel, which means eating healthy is a massive stress-reliever. A proper diet and nutrition boost cognitive capabilities and provide your body and your brain with the energy they need. Interestingly, eating junk food and drinking too many soft drinks can result in mood swings and light-headedness. Now, imagine you have tons of work to complete, and you feel sad at the same time. Without a doubt, such a combination is the recipe for stress. So, before having your paper written, ensure that you receive enough nutrients to fuel your body and mind.
- Regular exercising is the greatest enemy of stress. Our bodies are wired to contain energy. However, when there is too much energy inside of you, it can transform into stress. Regular exercise relieves the body from excess energy. After writing a paper or an essay, take a break and have a walk. You can schedule yoga practice in the morning. Besides, suppose you want to have high-quality exercise. In that case, you can get a gym membership, and professional trainers will provide you with a personalized exercise plan for every day.
- Organization is the key. At the beginning of the guide, I mentioned that lack of organization is one of the key causes of stress. If you have many papers, essays, and reviews to complete, keep your work and time organized. However, when there is too much task-related stress to bear, you can buy essay papers online from a custom writing service like CustomWritings. Companies like this have top professionals who offer personalized orders for a relatively cheap price. There are numerous services and companies on the market, and you can choose the one best fitting your requirements. It is easy, and in several clicks, you can become a prospective customer for a company.
- People underestimate the power of breathing. Have you noticed that the first thing people try to do in a stressful situation in movies is to breathe slowly? Breathing is one of the major instruments that help reduce heart rate, thus relieving the body from stress. Worried about the upcoming exam? Need to write an English essay or write a book review in an hour? Take slow breaths and give yourself a couple of minutes to calm down. The beauty of breathing exercises is that you can do them virtually anywhere. It takes several minutes, yet it offers massive stress-relieving outcomes.
- Try the practice of visualization. Experts indicate that guided imagery or visualization helps reduce stress. It is the practice of calming down and detaching yourself from the source of stress. Besides, you can use visualization to prepare for stressful events like tests, exams, and presentations. Just sit down, close your eyes, relax, and imagine yourself performing as you would like to perform in order to succeed.
- Listen to the music. When you prepare to research some topic and write a major paper, you need to think in advance. In such a case, creating a good environment for learning is a must. Music can be a major assistance. Luckily, there are entire playlists on YouTube and Spotify dedicated to learning, writing, and researching. Just choose the music you like and proceed with writing the best paper. The experts indicate that playing classical music provides the best results for battling stress. In turn, listening to upbeat music wakes you up mentally and gives you the power to endure the challenges of academic life.
- Be optimistic and learn the art of positive thinking. Remember the simple truth, every situation is either good or bad, depending on your perception. It means that you can actually teach yourself to think positively about even the direst situations. Stress is the reaction of your body to specific stressors. Learn the habit of positive thinking through instruments like self-talk and affirmations. Here are a number of simple affirmations you can use to relieve stress and make any essay written easily. Keep in mind that you can get all the essential stress-relieving tools almost for free. If you want to learn more about the habit of positive thinking, just google the required website online. You will have expert opinions that will help you deal with stress.
Leaving stress behind
Now, you have all the instruments to deal with stress. It does not matter whether you are a person studying in college or university. You can use the ultimate guide to make your academic journey relaxed and meaningful. Safe to say, the majority of rules mentioned above can help you later in life. Feel stressed at work. Try breathing. Have stress in a family setting, resolve to positive thinking. The applications are almost limitless.