Cannabis-infused gummy bears are convenient and popular products that you can easily find on many cannabis stores or even make at home. Making CBD-infused gummy bears at home allows you to tailor the CBD content, and flavor to deliver the potency and feel you need. But how do you make tasty cannabis-infused gummy bears on your own?
This article is the right place for anyone who has been looking to start making weed edibles. First, let’s find out some important things about weed gummies.
Why Are Weed-infused Gummies Popular?
- Each kind of weed gummies carries a unique taste. You can find fruit-flavored gummy at https://cbdfx.com/collections/cbd-gummies/and other places in different flavors such as strawberry, green tea, and many other varieties.
- Gummies are easy to store, and it’s easy to maintain their freshness than regular cookies or brownies. The small size of the cannabis-infused makes it easier to get the right dosage.
- Gummies go through a quick absorption delivering powerful effects into your body. They do not go through the entire phase of metabolization, allowing cannabinoids to take effect almost immediately.
The strength rating of cannabis-infused gummy bears depends on its potency. The gummy molds come in different shapes and sizes. Therefore getting the right potency levels is a challenge.
To get the right potency of your gummy bears, know the potency levels of your CBD infused coconut oil. The coconut oil container has a dosage calculator guide below the recipe.
The moment you figure out potency values, use them as rough estimates. Making an error in the calculation of potency will affect the results.
Cannabis Gummies Preparation
Before you begin the cooking process, the cannabis mixture goes through decarboxylation. Also called decarbing, this process removes a carboxyl group through a chemical process from the cannabis material through and releases carbon dioxide. During the procedure, THCA converts to THC.
Although THCA has neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory qualities, it’s not intoxicating. This is why there is a need for decarboxylation. Decarbing cannabis is the best way to prepare cannabis-infused edible, and it allows you to get the most out of cannabis.
Another simple way to decarb cannabis is by using solvents like lecithin or cooking oil in a slow cooker.
The process involves the application of heat on the cannabis flowers over a certain amount of time. You can use a stove or any other relevant heating device available in your kitchen to decarb cannabis.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to make cannabis-infused gummies.
- 40-45 minute
- A cooking pot or a stove
- Refined solid coconut oil or Cannabis-infused coconut oil
- ½ a cup cold water
- A mold of gummy bear
- 1 pack of jello mix about 85g or gelatin flavor
- 2 tablespoons Unflavored gelatin
- ½ teaspoonful of soy lecithin or sunflower (optional)
NOTE: This recipe uses organic coconut oil for the infusion. The other option is to make coconut oil yourself.
- Turn the stove on low heat to heat the water in a pot. Add the cannabis-infused coconut oil and the lectin or sunflower oil and the sunflower or soy lecithin.
- Stir the mixture until you get consistency in texture, ensuring that the coconut oil dissolves. Add both gelatin (with and without flavor) as you keep on stirring.
- Use low heat while whisking until the gelatin dissolves. Make sure the mixture does not get to boil while whisking. Continue stirring the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Place the pan on the stove. Fill up the gummy molds using a dropper as fast as you can. The faster you drop the molds, the better. The mixture should not cool down; otherwise, it will harden and stop binding.
- Place the gummy bear molds inside the freezer for about 30 minutes. You can create small air pockets in the mixture by lifting the mold some inches of the table before dropping.
- Time to munch your weed gummies!
TIP: Enhance your taste by sprinkling a pinch of citric acid on the top layer of the gummies.
- If you are using peaches anywhere in the ingredients, use them as fresh, thawed, and frozen. Peeling is an option.
- If you are not using the same recipe, avoid the following fruits because they will prevent gelatin from solidifying: mango, kiwi, pineapple, figs, ginger root, and guava. The fruits contain protease enzymes that tangle hence leading to a semi-solid gummy.
- You can shape the gummy bear inside a container nicely cut into the shape of your choice.
Fresh gummies from the pot go through a normal sweating process, which may force them to stick together. Pack them after 24-hours in an airtight container.
There is no harm in eating the fresh gummies once they are ready unless you are producing them for sale.
Related: Cannabis Dispensary
Substitutes for Making Vegan Weed Gummies
For a vegan weed gummy, replace the gelatin powder, which in most cases, is an animal extract. The extraction of gelatin as a vegetable extract has the name agar. The vegetable gelatin produces dense and heavy gummies that you can use as a snack.
Be Careful When Dosing Homemade Gummy Bears
Their small sizes mean you can consume many of them even when one gummy should be fine.
You may have to buy readymade tinctures from the store so you can get the accurate measurement to add to the gummy.
Start your dose slowly by taking one gummy bear at a time and look at the reactions an hour later before picking the next pellet. The slow start allows you to gauge how the gummies react with your body.
Benefits of Cannabis-infused Gummies
Gummies for Holistic Wellness
CBD is a new trend for those seeking holistic health and wellness. If you are not comfortable using other edibles, try the gummies using the one dose for a start. The CBD gummies complement recreational activities, social, medical, and wellness. One can also buy cannabis seeds online and plant indoor cannabis to reap all benefits.
Gummies for Pain
Cannabis-infused gummies can cure joint pains, arthritis, and chronic persistent pain. You may have to consume a high dose of CBD gummies to reduce pain.
Now that you know how to make cannabis-infused gummy bears at home, you can go ahead and try the process. Something to note is that the process is not very complicated. However, it may take you a few trials before you perfect the art.