One of the several 100 chemical compounds found in the Cannabis plant, Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is a non-psychoactive compound which has a billion dollar market. The Cannabis plant is widely grown in countries like China, Egypt, Finland, Canada, Australia, Spain, Sweden, India, Hungary, Netherlands, and many others.
Cannabidiol does not contain any Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and hence, it provides several advantages and does not get the patient high. It has gained popularity among patients worldwide as it’s completely natural and non-addictive in nature. Some of the advantages are:
- Cures several ailments like chronic pain, epilepsy, anxiety, depression, multiple sclerosis, arthritis, and many others.
- It has anti-bacterial properties. That is, it inhibits the growth of bacteria and the development of diseases related to it.
- It has the ability to reduce inflammation.
- Increases cardiovascular health. It reduces the risk of ailments like artery blockage, heart attack and improves the health of blood carrying veins.
- It promotes bone growth.
- Alleviates pain associated with ailments like Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- As it’s rich in antioxidants, CBD provides nourishment to the skin, slows the natural ageing process and reduces the visible signs of ageing like wrinkles, It can also be used to treat acne and scars.
- It helps in alleviating blood sugar levels.
- Reduces nausea and vomiting.
- It helps in treating anxiety, depression, and mood swings.
- CBD also provides relief from muscle spasms.
- It acts as a neuroprotective compound.
Did you know that Cannabis is one of the reasons why some people fail urine drug tests.
There are two types of CBD products- CBD isolate and CBD full spectrum oil.
Let us look at these products in detail:
1. Full spectrum CBD oil
Unlike the CBD isolate, the full spectrum CBD oil has all the cannabinoids that can be extracted from the Cannabis plant.
Some of them are-
- CBG (Cannabigerol)- This is also known as the stem cell cannabinoid. CBG cannabinoid is in turn transformed into THC and CBD. It’s known for the ability to reduce inflammation, inhibit bacterial growth, and reduce intraocular pressure.
- CBC (Cannabichromene)- This cannabinoid is well known for its anti-depressant and anti-anxiety properties.
THCA, THCV, CBGA, CBDA, and CBD are some of the other Cannabinoids present in the full spectrum CBD oil.
Studies have shown that Full spectrum CBD oil provides better pain relief when compared to the CBD isolate and also it provides several health benefits such as-
- Inhibits the growth of cancerous tissues.
- Treats anxiety and depression effectively and elevates mood.
- Controls blood sugar levels.
- Cures ailments related to skin such as Acne and Psoriasis.
- Prevents bacterial growth.
- Improves bone health.
- Reduces Insomnia which leads to a better quality of sleep.
- Prevents muscle spasms and seizures.
- Improves the appetite.
- Prevents ailments like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
The full spectrum CBD oil contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Niacin, Riboflavin, and Vitamin C.
Vitamin A helps in improving vision and treating diseases such as cataracts and glaucoma. It’s also used to ailments like acne, eczema, sinus, tuberculosis, urinary tract infections, cancer, and heart attacks. Vitamin E is known to improve cardiovascular health, reduce inflammation, strengthen immunity, and reduce the risk of developing cancer. Vitamin C is a strong anti-oxidant. It’s known to prevent Gout, lower blood sugar levels, prevent iron deficiency, and reduces the chances of developing ailments like Dementia.
Full spectrum CBD oil is also rich in essential proteins and fats.
It contains fatty acids like Omega-6 and Omega-3. The Omega-3 fatty acid reduces the bad cholesterol levels and the symptoms associated with ailments like bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and depression. Whereas Omega-6 fatty acid reduces bad cholesterol levels and also lowers the risk of diabetic neuropathy.
Full spectrum CBD oil also contains chemicals which are responsible for its unique scent. These chemicals are known as Terpenes. Linalool, Pinene, Limonene, humulene, and Caryophyllene are some of the examples.
These Terpenes have the following benefits-
- Cure Insomnia.
- Reduce stress and depression.
- Solve gastric issues.
- Prevent memory loss and improve retaining capacity.
- Act as an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent.
2. CBD isolate
CBD isolate is the purest form of CBD. It does not have any particular taste or odour. It is more concentrated when compared to full spectrum CBD oil.
Both these products- CBD isolates and full spectrum CBD oil have their own pros and cons. Patients can choose either of the products based on their requirements. Products like Bluebird Botanicals CBD oil are easy to use as they come with a precise dropper. Also, these products are strong and completely natural.
Thanks for reading!